Thursday, March 13, 2008

A photo that is "Facebook Profile Worthy!"

What is a photo that is Profile Worthy? I'll tell you what isn't! Small photos, or photos of you from a distance.. photos of your cat... photos of your favorite movie character. It's gotta be big enough so we can see your beautiful mug... and a photo in which your mug looks beautiful!(OR, of you making a funny face!)... Profile worthy photos might also include a photo of you doing something crazy or fun...or doing something that shows who you are... Perhaps you are an artistic person-- You may have an abstract photo of yourself, but somehow, it still shows you, and who you are! But we must see your face! In my opinion, it's ok to switch it up as often as you'd like---there are many sides to the beautiful you. If you feel like showin off your new puppy for a while, cool! But don't keep that photo up for a month... YOU are who people are friends with on Facebook! Not your puppy, silly people. THAT is what Facebook Albums are for! They're awesome. Show off your new puppy there! I happen to have 42 albums at the moment. Why? I kind of like photos...FYI, I also enjoy commenting on everyone's facebook photos as well. (Who doesn't enjoy getting comments on their photos?)

A friend of mine whom I went to Europe with put up a photo of herself for her facebook profile that I took while we were in Europe (which is where I fell in love with the creative aspect of digital photography!). She put the photo up, and I had 3 minutes to spare that i wanted to use making it more Profile Worthy! I wanted people to be able to see her pretty face! Of course I wanted the photo to look good too... but another rule, in my opinion, is that the photo doesn't necessarily have to be a great photo... again, it just has to be of YOU!

Because I COULD make the photo more Profile Worthy, I did! :)
I thought it was fun, and Paula loved it.... I mean, she looks completely adorable.

Before (perhaps semi-profile worthy!.. This is straight out of my point and shoot on the black and white setting)....
Photobucket

After (profile worthy!).....
Photobucket

(Bre, please don't be mad that I cut you out! Dave, don't be mad I blurred you out! I still have the original photo in my Europe album! haha! )


Don't have a profile worthy pic? Go get one up right now! If you don't know how to edit photos, don't worry! You don't need to take it as far as I did-- Just make sure the photo of you shows your face! That's why they call it FACEbook, no??;)(And it can have other people in too, of course!)


What's funny about Facebook photos... Everywhere I go, I hear people talking about it. I think it's hilarious when people take a photo, look at it right away on their digital camera and all exclaim in excitement, "New profile pic!" Because I do that, and I have friends who do it all the time, too! Haha!


Not related...Good news-- my headache is GONE! I had a weird crack in my head/neck... it was very small, but felt very good.. and my headache was gone! YAY! My back is still killing me (What the heck! I'm 24 years-old, not 90!). It definitely has to do with my desk set up and the way I sit. Some fellow photographer friends have helped me out in finding many ways to help prevent these types of headaches and backaches from happening! I'll be on a plane to Vegas for the WPPI Convention, and I couldn't be more excited (and anxious, really!). The one thing I'm not excited about... sitting on a plan for 3 1/2 hours with this back situation! I'm going to try Advil and those heat patches you stick on yourself... We'll see if that helps!

Hope everyone has had a good week!

3 comments:

GuatNinja said...

VEGAS BABY! VEGAS!!!!

Jessica Person said...

Don't you remember rice socks from the hospital? - they're GREAT for sore backs!

I really wish I was coming with you!

|| davidjay || said...

Great post! :) ...and great seeing you in Vegas!