Thursday, March 6, 2008

Jessica on the TODAY show!!

I am so proud to call Jessica Person my friend (and amazing former boss!!). She was featured on the TODAY show yesterday, talking about her connection to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, the volunteer organization that I have also been a part of. Jessica does a lot of work for NILMDTS and describes so well what the organization is about... God has blessed Jessica and her husband Brad with a story of their own as well...

Watch it here! :


The TODAY show is 3 hours long, and they have some really great programming. I took some media classes in college, so I know how live and taped productions run--how they set things up, and how they edit-- and I think the TODAY show did an incredible job of selecting the shots to use, and the parts of Jessica's story to summarize her OWN story along with Olivia's and her family's story, and the goal of Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep... I thought it was just perfect. I watched it 6 times yesterday, and I cried every time... It's so sad, but it is so HOPEFUL... because NILMDTS is an incredible volunteer service.

If you are interested in learning more about Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, please visit their website: www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org

*Photographers, photo editors, and other volunteers are always needed.
*If you have lost a little one, or know someone who has, there is also an online support group through NILMDTS.
*Any donations are always appreciated as well.

Props to the Person family for just being incredible and serving God in all that they do. Brad is also a photographer for evangelical missions work, and they have 4 beautiful children-- Eli(in Heaven!), Jacob, Tommy, and Sarah.

I admire you, Brad and Jessica. Not only are you are blessed, but you are a blessing to others.

5 comments:

Stacy Cross said...

Beautiful - they sound like an awesome family. Imagine how proud baby Eli would be. :)

Paul said...

Jessica and Brad are amazing, truly a Godsend to our family. They are tireless in their work with NILMDTS. What a way to honor Eli!

Olivia's Dad (Paul)
http://www.lundberg.mn

Unknown said...

What a great opportunity! That's for sharing and I'm definitely going to look further into this. :)

Ginger Murray said...

Paul, your story (your family's story, and your baby's story) has touched so many hearts...more than you will ever know, even. Thank you for sharing your story with the world. You have given such an amazing gift.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you will find healing in the photos. Olivia was a beautiful baby and I'm so glad that you got to hold her, and that you have photos of those moments! Blessings to your family...

Stacy- You are so right... Eli would be so proud.

Jasmine- I hope you do consider it, if you feel it's something you can do!

Jessica Person said...

Wow, Ging. Thanks for the awesome post. I'm a bit behind in reading it. It was such a privilege to work with the Lundbergs. What a beautiful family, both in person and in spirit. I was blessed to know Olivia. This is NEVER about us as photographers, it about the families and their precious children.