Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A bit chilly.

I'd just like to report that it is approximately 8:20pm, and that weather.com states that the current temperature is -9 degrees, but "Feels like -31" because of the windchill. That translates to: Awful

There is always this hope that I have... that after December 31st, the weather here in MN will start to warm up. I don't know why I have this hope. I've lived in Minnesota for my entire 24 years... so why I have these unrealistic expectations...I am not sure. On weather.com, to the right of the temperature they have placed a little advertisement for a tropical getaway. Coincidence?? I'm no fool.

(But yet I am, because I clicked on the tropical photo... Oh, it looks glorious!!)



Stay warm, friends!

(I don't even want to hear about the temperature from those of you who live in CA. You can just shhh!)

14 comments:

Dan said...

Seriously! Although, my friend Jeff just sent me an email from International Falls, where the ACTUAL temp is currently -17 and -40something windchill. gross.

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

you told me to ssshhh :)well if it makes you feel better it was 65' today with a wind chill of 64' brrrrr....that was cold :)

Melissa Prendergast said...

Come visit South Florida! Our high today is 74 with a nice ocean breeze! :)

Amanda Harris said...

BRRRR! Bundle up!

Ginger Murray said...

You listen here, you people in warm places...!!

I would like to report that it is currently 9:50pm, the following evening, and it as warmed up!

.... To -4.
(AND it "Feels like -4!")

saranaede said...

and I'll have YOU know that up here in Fergus Falls, the temp reads, -31 with a -55 degree windchill!!!

Steven Kang said...

now ginger, why are you making big deal about the cold weather.
You should be nice and warm in the arms of your man.
I tell you no matter how cold it is, there are no state that is warmer than the warmth of your better half.
So, be thankful it is cold out there.
:)

Unknown said...

Weather update:

Southern California where I live is projected to be 70 degrees. It's very annoying that I have to wear socks to keep my feet warm when I go outside....but I'll manage. Of course I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt and shorts when I go outside..I can't wait for it to warm up. So much for global warming.

Ginger Murray said...

You non-MN people know that we break out the shorts when it's 60 degrees, right?

Steven-- You are so right, haha!

Sara-- I hope it's warmer up there! WOW!! That is COLD! You need to come south!

Stacy Cross said...

homygosh. i would probably die. seriously.

aboutimage said...

I'm in Canada and it's about -20 today. Last night was -36, brrrr. I'm drinking lots of tea to stay warm in my thermal socks

I'm Kristen said...

Yeah, I def just left Cali and it was a miraculous 80 degrees. My "home sweet home" was a chill 15 :(

hahhaa gots to love the cold!

Mrs. Westphall said...

Hey, I left a link to your blog on my site, and now no updates! Shame! Check out my photo class at http://ghsmediaarts.blogspot.com

Ginger Murray said...

Man, you guys.... I couldn't handle -36!!! That's ridiculous! I certainly prefer the 80 weather!