Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A new year!!!!

Happy New Year, everyone!!

I can not even tell you how excited I am for this year.
Lots of changes, fun, and new things!
One new thing... a new website! I bought it today!
I'll let you know when it's up and runnin, of course!
A change.... I will no longer be a photographer with First Day Photo.
It makes me very sad, because it was a fun job, and I loved the people I worked for.
I was fortunate to have such a great job. But the time has come where I have become
so busy with my business, that I need to focus more on my own business. Jessica (my boss and friend) totally understood this and is so supportive of my decision. Of course if they are ever in a pinch, and I can help out, I ceratainly will. I've never posted any photos I've taken from First Day Photo because I'd have to ask the parents for permission to do that. Perhaps I'll ask this week. I think this will be my last week. As I said, very sad, but very exciting as well... We'll see what God has in store!

Aaron and I threw a party last night. I usually host a few parties a year,
but this year was too busy for that because it was my first full year in business!
I will post photos from weddings this year on my next post, hopefully. But I have a lot of catch-up to do! So I'll do my best. Here are some photos from the New Year's Party!

(((PLEASE NOTE: All photos were taken with a point and shoot. Not my professional camera:)))

Playin some games:
Photobucket

New Year's was about 10 minutes out, and I put out the hats and noise makers. Marie was one of the first to choose...
Photobucket
Then the others came....They got a little carried away with testing the noise makers. My husband came upstairs and goes, "It hasn't happened yet!"
Photobucket
The after-celebration traditional new year party photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 years with this guy! Crazy! 2nd New Year's as a married couple!:
Photobucket

Marie, Jason, Nimmy(aka Dan), Greg and I stayed up until almost 4am playing Scattagories. It was rather entertaining. It was sad after everyone left...

Photobucket
Sparty was tuckered out! It was his first party... he was a bit confused why everyone was staying up! So he took ay morning nap today.
Photobucket

I didn't take any photos when I was celebrating Christmas "back home." (at my parents' place.) I've been taking most the week off from that. Here's a photo from Thanksgiving, though, that might give you an idea of the warmth I expereience when I go over to "my old house" :)
Photobucket
Here's one more photo... this was from thanksgiving as well... With my Grandma. She's a favorite:)
Photobucket

I feel renewed after this holiday. I'll admit that it was tough, starting out this holiday... it pretty much forced me to take a breather that I didn't want to take. But I realy needed it, and I'm ready for this next year... Bring it on!
I hope you were all able to take a breath this season, and were able to enjoy God's peace.

I have an engagement session and a few weddings to finish editing soon. So you'll see some more photos comin, even though it's the "off season!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! :)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

happy new year!!! looks like you guys brought it in right :) many blessings to you and your business this year!

BethLaurren said...

Hey Ginger! It looks like you had so much fun over the holidays!! It was good to "hear" from you on my blog. I actually made that green scarf two years ago because I love green and couldn't find any scarf that I liked! And I have the photo of Nick and I in Hawaii framed right over my bed, actually!!

Your kitty is adorable, and I can't wait to see your next few engagements and wedding!