Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What makes a good day? (A post with photos always helps!)

Today is a good day. Went downstairs to make breakfast. Turned up the heat (not sure how the heck it got down to 63 degrees!! Turned it up to 70). I was greeted by Sparty. He was immediately at my feet and rubbing against my legs and continued to do so the entire time I was in the kitchen. (Lately, everytime we're in the kitchen, he thinks he's getting food too...?)

And, if I start the day off with a good breakfast, the day is then, almost always, just as good.
*Eggs, over-easy(Close to perfect! I've been practicing), with ample amount of ground black pepper on top.
*1 cup of crushed pinapple.
*Earl Grey tea.

The things that make me the most happy, in no particular order:
1) Tastey food or beverage = happy.
2) Being warm = happy (this includes things like sleeping in, wearing sweatpants(Aaron surprised me with two AMAZINGLY comfy pairs for Christmas!!), taking a hot shower, and cuddling under a blanket).
3) Massages/touch = happy (even if it's just a hand massage..or fingertip, even! I just melt! haha!:))
4) Making people laugh and being with people who make me laugh = happy.
5) Candles = happy.
6) Getting inspired (About life, photography, love, church... anything!)= happy.

I'm not a morning person (getting up means getting out of my warm bed!!!) and I feel more relaxed and in the evening.

My perfect evening alone: Cuddled up with a blanket on the couch, wearing sweatpants, Sparty cuddled up next to me (purring), scented candle burning, lights dimmed, reading a book about something I'm passionate about, or journaling about something I'm passionate about, drinking a good red wine, tea, or chai tea latte.
Perfect evening with my husband: Just being with him... doing anything!
Perfect evening with friends: Good food, beverage, and laughs (may include playing a game or doing some fun activity. Talking is always fun too... as long as it involves laughter:)
Perfect evening with family: Good food, relaxing, catching up, laughing.
Perfect day of work: Quick blog update, read other friend photographers' blogs, get editing done, sending the images to clients via online gallery, hear their excitement about how much they love the images!, finish drinking tastey warm beverage and change out of sweatpants, drop DVD of images in mail on the way to meet with prospective clients at a local coffee shop (I love meetings!)

I'm about to get some photos finished today! yay! I have a VERY full two weeks of editing, due to being behind because of my old computer's harddrive failing (but as I've mentioned before, no worries-- I had pics backed up) and having to wait on new computer to come via UPS truck and the Christmas season, and being sick as well! But I'm thrilled for these next two weeks. I'm really enjoying editing right now, and I can't wait to hand over all of these images! Everyone has been very patient and understanding, which I am so grateful for. If you think of it, please pray that my computer continues to run smoothly, and that I stay healthy so I can get this all done! Thanks!

Slipping a CD of Louis' photos in the mail today! Here are a few from his 2-year old session! He was the cutest little boy! :
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

i know what you mean about not being morning person *raising & waving hand in air wildly* and yes being warm rules!
love the bucket on the head shot, very cute!

Shara Lana said...

He is so CUTE!!!!

anna joy said...

okay sooooooooo, i know I've said this before, but I swear, you and me, were separated at birth. all of your favorite things are EXACTLY my favorite! I think if we hung out we would accidentally say all the same things at the same time like you do with best friends :) I am so glad there are people like you and me being wedding photographers, people who appreciate being warm and candles and tea and kittys, and the simple things in life, that God blesses us with! I always love checking in on your blog, it always makes me smile. Sorry for the long semi-creepy comment! Best wishes in 08 to you!

Ginger Murray said...

haha! You're not creepy, Anna!! lol!