Saturday, January 26, 2008

A little sunshine!

I've been sitting in front of my computer for nearly 2 weeks straight, now that I'm done with my other job! I'm trying to catch up on some editing, and it's going well, but I didn't realize I hadn't even left the house!

Well today, I had the opportunity to get out of the house for a couple hours to go shoot. I met the couple whom Steph and I are shooting in August, Gina and Travis.
She booked them, so she would typically do the engagement shoot, but I wanted to meet them and also check out the location to see if it would be good for future indoor shoots.

In Minnesota, there are very few cool places, if any, that allow you to shoot indoors. Sometimes it's too cold outside to shoot-- and Gina and Travis had said they wanted indoor photos, so Steph wanted some where cool to shoot. There was a coffee place that I went to with my friend Ben a couple months ago, and I remember it having natural light, so I called Ben to find out the name of that place, and if he had any other ideas about Minneapolis locations. He was super helpful and gave me a list of locations that could possibly work. The tricky part is, either we'd have to call and ask for permission, show up and get kicked out once they see the camera bag, or get kicked out after taking a few photos. Gina and Travis needed to go to a wedding today, so we couldn't spend time going to places if we were just going to get kicked out! Steph called around to a few spots Ben had suggested, and was told by a worker at Java J's(that coffee place I had gone to with Ben) said that we were welcome to shoot there-- She told him that of course we would order some thing to drink or eat!:)

We showed up, and immediately saw lots of possibilities. We ordered our drinks, which Gina's mom, Deb, bought for us! She came along to hang out, and I'm sure it was convenient too, since they were all going to a wedding in a couple hours! It was great to meet her as well. As we're shooting, the guy at the counter mentioned that he has a key to get up to the roof of the apartment building, and that there was a great view of the skyline. I think we talked them into it pretty easily-- it was such a great opportunity! Yes, it was cold up there, but amazing! When Steph has the photos edited, I will be sure to share them with you!

After we were done with the totally fun session, Steph took a couple shots of me, and I took a few of her, just so we'll have some for our new websites when we get them up and running, and just to have some updated photos. Steph edited a few of those for me, so I'll post them! It's odd for me... being on the other side of the camera!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
It was so cold, so we didn't last too long!
Photobucket

Here's one I took of Steph (which she edited... She and I collaborated on editing on the pics of me!) She is just too pretty for her own good. I love her to pieces, too!
Photobucket


It was nice to get some sunshine and get out and actually talk to people!

After the next two weeks, I hope to be done with most of my weddings from 2007-- Pray for my health and that I don't have any technical issues!

6 comments:

Olivia said...

I love the one with the scarf over your nose! SO cute!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

love the scarf shot too. very cute ginger!

Ginger Murray said...

Thanks guys! My nose was seriously so cold!

Amanda Harris said...

Cute shots - you look pretty happy for being freezing :)

Shara Lana said...

You are too cute!!!!!!! What an awesome job your friend did for you! Love them all.

Stephanie Bloom said...

and I love YOU, Ging! Thanks again for helping me that day. I've been editing them...and they're lookin pretty darn cute. I'll send you some when I'm done!

ps. We need to take pictures of ourselves more often. ;)