Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Weekend

This weekend, I had an annual July 3rd get together. We've been doing this for something like 11, 12, or 13 years. Anoka High School has fireworks on the 3rd, and that's how the tradition started. We eat, play yard games, head to the fireworks, come back, and eat more and have a bonfire.

The night of the 3rd, my good friends Sarah and Dan(who are now married, and back from their 2 week honeymoon!!) slept over at my parents' with Aaron and me, in tents down by the river. It was really fun! I swear I heard an animal in the water, so as long as I know it wasn't like a wolf or a bear, I'll be sleeping down there again. (Then again, I'll probably never know what it was! Maybe just a raccoon?)

The next day, we watched some of Wimbledon, took naps, and Sarah read 2/3rds of a book. We ate a ton of Special K bars, and did some more sitting on the couch. We were trying to decide when to have dinner, and I go, "Well what time is it?"
Dan goes, "It's about... (checks watch)..5:30."
"FIVE THIRTY!" Sarah and I exclaimed.
We did nothing all day, and all of a sudden it was 5:30.
It was a truly wonderful lazy vacation day! :)


Here is a photo of Dixie from the night of the 4th... all tuckered out from having company for two days, ha!
Photobucket
(Pic from my camera phone).

(She'll be so embarrassed I put that pic up!!!:))

.

No comments: