Friday, February 12, 2010

Engaged! Anna + Rob

Anna and I went to high school together, but did not necessarily know each other. She was the grade below me, but I knew of her, because we had a lot of mutual friends, her dad was the band director (and I was in orchestra) and her sister was 2 grades ahead of me and in all of the musicals. It was only obvious that Anna would end up with someone who was musically inclined:) Rob and Anna met at St. Olaf college, in Minnesota (which is well known for it's music program -- it was in my top choices for colleges-- beautiful campus, too!). I can't wait to shoot their wedding there in August! It's going to be gorgeous. And they're having some of my favorite people do music... including my old high school orchestra conductor, Mr. Halstenson... (Both my husband and I had him, we play in the community orchestra he conducts when our schedules allow, and he also played and arranged a piece for our wedding!).

Anna majored in English/Education and is now teaching English and Theater in Iowa. Rob majored in Music and is currently getting his Masters in Opera/Musical Theater in Illinois (so they're apart at the moment, but try to get together as often as possible). Rob proposed to Anna ON STAGE after one of the plays he performed in. Um, can you say FREAKIN' ROMANTIC!??? So, it was only logical that we did their engagement portrait session at The Guthrie Theater in Downtown Minneapolis! We also headed outdoors afterward to get some fun wintery shots with Minneapolis in the background.

















"Wow.... look at that couple making out over there!"




Snow in her shoe! What a gentleman:)





Good luck with the rest of the school year, Anna & Rob-- I know it's hard being apart, but so very soon you'll be together! I can't WAIT for your wedding day! I'm sure you can't either.:)

12 comments:

Leigh-Ellen said...

These are really great Ginger! Leigh-Ellen

Lindsey said...

I love their story! And love the pictures, Ginger! They turned out great! :-)

Allison Marie Photography said...

Ginger, this session rocks!! I love them all, especially the indoor ones. The one with the cityscape behind them! Amazing!

Brandi said...

Adorable couple and super cute shots as well. You really captured fun and personality.

Beth said...

my favorıtes are the one wıth the bıg wındows ın the background and the one outsıde wıth hıs arms around her. verrrry nıce

melissa o said...

Ooooo. The Guthrie is AMAZING. Loving the one with the blue window wall in the background!!

nicole said...

I love the colors in that third photo and the factor with the smoke was totally unexpected and it adds so much to the photo. I love it!

And I love photo of them in front of that blue building!

Ginger Murray said...

Thanks, everyone! :)

Stephanie Bloom said...

I love the photo with the blue building in the background with the icicles! Fun!

TimTab said...

Beautiful shoot!!! way to rock a winter wonderland eshoot...

Anonymous said...

amazing photos!

James Melia said...

Beautiful Images