Saturday, October 25, 2008

SNOW??

Ok, so it's suppose to snow here tomorrow night.


THIS, people, is why I've thought for many years, that Halloween in Minnesota should be earlier in October.

I was in 2nd grade when the infamous "Blizzard of '91" hit... children all around Minnesota were dressed in their costumes, ready to collect their treats, and we were forced to wear snow pants, boots, and huge puffy coats over our costumes.

It is currently 54 degrees at 9:30pm. Tomorrow it's suppose to be 26 degrees at this time.

Fall is wonderful, and then it gets cold REALLY fast. It's ridiculous. I am so not ready for snow tomorrow!!!! It probably won't stay, but it's still not necessary for winter to rear its ugly head at us so early! Winter is only welcome from December 10th through January 10th. Then it can go away.

Unfortunately, that's not how it works here in Minnesnow-ta.

9 comments:

Brad Person said...

DUDE, you're making me feel old again... I was a sophomore at Bethel during the big storm of '91! They cancelled school for two whole days. Even food service was shut down because none of the staff could get into campus. We all played Nintendo for two days straight and ate whatever we could get out of the vending machines :)

Ginger Murray said...

Well, at least I was old enough to play video games... I got a Nintendo that Christmas. My thumbs hurt for probably a year straight.

Corrie said...

I was late to work this morning because I had to scrape my car windows. It's only October and it was 28 degrees! Cold weather is yucky, but cold weather with a small child is double-yucky. She doesn't even fit in her carseat when we have the puffy jacket on, and the mittens-on-a-string get tangled in the straps. Doesn't that make you want to have a baby!?!?

Brad's comment made me laugh. A teacher at work told me one day "Well, I started working here in 1983" and I said "I was BORN in 1983." Not a good way to make friends...

Ginger Murray said...

LOL! Corrie that is funny:)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

holy smokes that's cold!!! we went swimming today. it's been in the 90's for the past few weeks. stay warm ginger!!

Stacy Cross said...

I cannot even begin to imagine it! Time for hot cocoa and a big, fat wonderful book!

Christina said...

Oooohhhh, I totally know the feeling! It hasn't snowed here yet, but I already had to scrape my windows once! And I remember one year that they CANCELLED HALLOWEEN here in Omaha because it was going to be way too bitter cold for the little kiddos to be out. I don't remember if it was rescheduled....
I hope you are staying warm!

Dan said...

I'm rockin the shorts today, because I can. Take THAT, unpredictable weather!

Telgenhoff Photographers said...

Don't you love snow! I do. I also love you stuff here. Good work.