Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sarah and Dan's Engagement Session

The pics below were a few of the images from Sarah and Dan's engagement session.

They are two of my favoritest people in the entire world. I have known Sarah since 2nd grade, and Dan (who I call Nimmy:)), since my freshman year of college-- we met through a mutual friend and hit it off online-- but we didn't' actually meet in PERSON until about a year later.

Sarah and Dan never actually met until a New Year's party at my place (is that right, guys?). It wasn't until a year later that Dan apparently started liking Sarah (which was first noticed by my friend Johanne-- just to give her credit), and Sarah and Dan would both come over for "24" (the TV show) nights at my place for the next few months... and then they started dating... which made my cry...
Because every time I thought about it, I KNEW they were going to be married... and it made me so happy. Because they are absolutely perfect for each other, and two of my best friends.

I will be Sarah's maid of honor in June, and the fabulous Erin Benner(another good friend of mine) will be shooting their wedding... she allowed me to take their engagement photos:)

We shot them up at Gooseberry Falls, along the amazingly beautiful north shore. (To those of you who don't live in MN, "The North Shore" is the shore of Lake Superior... it is the closest thing we have to an ocean around here:)).

Here are just a couple of my faves:

(Dan says this is almost exactly the spot where he asked her to marry him...)
Photobucket

Photobucket
(This one is obviously not a "serious" engagement pic... haha:) A wave just splashed up and Sarah was feeling the freezing cold mist... it was super funny).


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Sarah and I lusting over the shirtless statue:
Photobucket

Dan took this pic of me and my hubby, Aaron:)
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shoot! I love the third image and I especially love the photo of you and your hubby!

:)
Gina Leigh

Christina said...

Such a cute couple!! These are beautiful photos....I was going to pick a favorite an comment, but I like them all. The story is great, and I love that you included a photo of you girls.

Callie Crass said...

Love the pictures Ging! Miss you. Hope to get together sometime soon!f

Mrs. Westphall said...

Gingeroo, those are amazing. You are so talented (and having good-looking subjects doesn't hurt, either). Speaking of good-looking subjects, you should come "shoot" my kid soon. Perhaps a dinner date with you and Mr. Murray is in order...

Anonymous said...

Some knock out work here.

|| davidjay || said...

Gorgeous shots Ginger!

Thank you so much for being such a wonderful encouragement! You are such a gift and this book is wonderful. I have it sitting right next to me on my desk and these are my favorite types of books!

God bless you and I hope we can connect again soon!
DJ

Ginger Murray said...

Thanks, everyone! I really enjoy doing engagement sessions, and this one was extra special to me, since I knew them so well:)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

gorgeous gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. My favorite is the one of them kissing in front of the log. Love the action you added to it.