Friday, October 10, 2008

Before and After

I love editing a photo to make it look what it was meant to be, and how I "see" it.

I love flipping back and forth between "before and after" shots if I've really done some tweaking with them. ALL of the photos I give my clients are edited. Each photo receives a basic editing procedure, but some of them need some more work-- whether it be the lighting conditions, the settings the camera was on, the lack of color in the image, to some people, a "blah" photo may be present-- but to me, I see potential-- and I edit the photo to bring that potential out. You will likely never see the original photos that I take, because they are not "the best they can be," (I only give the best quality to my clients), and so you may never notice the work that goes into the photo.

And so, today, I wanted to show you a few Before and After shots to give you a better idea of the work, process and love that go into my photos! :)



Photobucket Photobucket
(In Lightroom: Boosted the temperature, brought out the blacks, vignette, contrast and vibrance boost. In Photoshop: adjusted the curves.



Photobucket Photobucket
(In Lightroom: Cropped, boosted blacks/shadows, flare control preset, readjust contrast, lighten auto vignette, In Photoshop: select subjects with "circle" tool, feather, adjust curves so that subjects are brighter. Clone out a few flyaway hairs--it was super windy! :)).


Photobucket Photobucket
(In Lightroom: Crop, Flare control preset, tone down the preset (contrast, vignette), and boost temperature. In Photoshop: select subjects with "circle" tool, feather, adjust curves so that subjects are brighter. Clone out the shadow in foreground so that photo is brighter, more symmetrical, and "happier.")

8 comments:

Brandi said...

I too love flipping back and forth between edited and unedited, hehe. I love your edits.. so warm and fall like. Yum! Fab work dear.

Angelicjewel Photography said...

OoO Dan and Sarah are WAY too cute!!!! Those are really adorable pics Ginger!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

love the warmth you put in them ginger!! super yummo!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

hey ginger, shot the baseball ring shot with my 100. :)

Amanda Suanne said...

woow great job - I love the warm sunny shot! Awesomeness

Anonymous said...

Gotta love post work :)

Christina said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!!! I love these shots! And I am also a fan of the before/afters. Although, I'm not so sure if I'm at the level that I'll show some of the befores. ;-) Great job, and thanks for showing us your process!

Bobby Earle said...

I can't see the photos :( It just says "photobucket." I'm sure they look great!!!

Bobby