Friday, May 16, 2008

Anticipating the Moment

Aaron got home, and it was beautiful outside! We decided to go on a quick 5-10 minute walk. By the time I put my hair up, contacts in, and shoes on, the sky had turned cloudy. It was actually good for us, because it forced us to walk faster before the rain hit! About 10 minutes after we were done with our walk, there was a typical Spring Shower...lots and lots of small rain drops. After about 15 minutes, the clouds parted, and the sun came out, while it was still raining. I grabbed my camera and a coat to cover my head and the camera, and ran outside-- I knew there would be a rainbow to capture somewhere!

And there it was!

Photobucket

If you look close enough, you can see that there are even more colors, lighter colors, on the bottom of the rainbow. Cool, isn't it?
The rain was gone within 5 minutes, and so was the rainbow.

That's kind of how my job is as a wedding photographer. When I anticipate that there will be a moment, a reaction, or an emotion, I grab my camera and go! I have captured so many fun emotions and moments that if I hadn't been thinking ahead, anticipating, I wouldn't have caught it. And it's super exciting when you DO capture it!
Other times, I'm there already, with my camera up and waiting to click the shutter until I see what I want, and it happens-- that moment, that emotion, that perfect photo.

Most people know when a rainbow should appear, and with experience as a wedding photographer, it becomes easier to anticipate certain moments, while others just happen! Either way, it's a pretty cool job to have a camera in hand all the time, and be able to capture these types of things before they're gone... in 5 minutes, or in 5 seconds!

1 comment:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

we love rainbows!!! awesome shot!!