Sunday, July 8, 2007

No tornadoes today...

My sister-in-law had some fun with her camera a couple weeks ago...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I grew up an only child, and she grew up with 2 older brothers... so it's fun for us both to finally have a sister now!

As I said... I like weather.
Since the last post, a cool front has moved in, causing some storms..
TONS of wind, making lots of swirly clouds... which I've always loved taking pictures
of. The thing is, I've had tornado nightmares since I can remember. They've gotten less scary, but now I can't run away from the tornadoes in my dreams--my legs won't move!... so that's a new twist in my tornado dreams. Haha... new "twist"...! I have them a few times a year, and while they're still a BIT scary, one of my worst nightmares in real life would be to see a tornado, and not have my camera with. Seriously. So I'm always out there taking pics of the clouds (usually I'm pretty nervous), and I usually know the best conditions in which a tornado would come...today wasn't one of those days, but it caused for some sweet clouds to form:

(I love the 3D look of this cloud-cover):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It kept getting darker outside too!:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
That bubbly cloud at the bottom had lots of rolling movement..

It's now 72 degrees with thunder and light rain.

A funny random story... my high school mascot was the Tornadoes... which was based on a tornado that ripped through the town in 1939. God forbid that the tornado I one day shoot will actually touch down... That's not necessary for a decent photo. Here's a photo of that damage:
http://www.mnhs.org/shpo/disaster/images/qc251cp60anokatornado06181939u575.html

7 comments:

abcdef said...

Cute snapshots, and the ones of the sky are great. Wicked skies to be exact!

Mike said...

I love weather too! Watching clouds and seeing what images you find in them, everchanging! Great shots!

Unknown said...

I've seen one of those storms before, they are amazing. Scaring and amazing. Cute shots the first two. Great blues.

Melissa Koehler said...

Yikes! Tornados. That is horrible!
Very cute pics

Unknown said...

I am terrified of tornadoes. I will never live anywhere near where they are!

Those are some cool cloud shots. They are so close to the ground. I like to get lightning pictures. But, at least in CA I know that lightning will just stay that way. I stay far away from tornadoe weather!

The City Girl said...

yikes! good luck out there!

Steven Kang said...

man, everyone is beating me to the post. so, what every one said, +1.
hahaha I get it dream with the 'twist'. hahaha.
Yes, i'm being silly. seriously, great capture of the clouds.