Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas time has come....

"Christmas time has come....toys for everyone..."
(Smashing Pumpkins song, anyone? Ha:) I don't listed to them much anymore, but I did when that song came out in... 98..99? Somewhere around there.)

What toys are you getting this Christmas??
For yourself, or for your business?


I'll answer for myself after some photos!

I still have 2 more weddings this year... one on the 28th, and one this weekend!
Here are a few more photos from that engagement session! (Pam and John!)
I can't wait to see how fabulous she's going to look this weekend! :

Photobucket
photobucket.com/albums/v232/sangin/020.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It was starting to get chilly that weekend...
Photobucket
Cute puffy vests are certainly necessary!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
I kept wondering... "What is he telling her that makes her so happy!"
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
______________________________________________________________________

Aren't they just gorgeous?? They were SO wonderful to work with! Loved every minute of it.

Back to my question about Christmas gifts!

For the business, I got a 50mm 1.4, and a backup flash(Yeah.. that one is a pretty exciting gift... ppbbt!). WPPI membership and plane ticket to Las Vegas.
In the next few months I'm getting a new website and a 5d... and maybe some
lighting equipment... If I have enough guts to get going on learning studio lighting
to start up a new area of business... We shall see. Aaron and I got a new computer (because of the issues in the last email. It's finally put together and ready to go!

Aaron and I are getting each other cell phones.
Semi-exciting phone so badly... We're looking into plan, but not extremely.
I need a news. Not sure who to go with.

For Christmas I asked for:
*Sweaters that I can work and play in.
*A footbath (to use after shooting weddings! It would be a great addition to go with my amazing roller back massage cushion I got for my Bday. Did I mention it has heat?? Did I mention that i LOVE heat?? And anything that makes me feel good!)
*Gift cards to any of these following stores: Anthropologie, The Gap, JCrew, JCPenney, Charlotte Russe, JoAnn fabrics (I need to recover the kitchen chairs).. or other stores... They said on MSN that gift cards are lame gifts. Not so sure what's lame about allowing someone pick out their own gift-- and gift cards can help fund or fully fund a desire... What's not to like about them??
*Chocolate with hazelnuts
*Any beneficial type of tea...(herbal, black, red, white, green..) I love trying new kinds.
*New slippers.
*Gift card to any restaurant to go out on a date with Aaron.
*I didn't ask for this yet, but I decided yesterday... I need a new long, winter dress coat. Mine is pretty hoovered. Perhaps I will receive a gift card that can go towards this.
*New black mittens/gloves that look nice. I got some at Old Navy that looked nice, and in a week they had already fallen apart! So not cool.

And that's all I can come up with. I'm set on music this year. Got the new BarlowGirl CD a month ago and I LOVE LOVE it....

What I'm giving to people:
Gifts I can afford, but something I think they'll love:)
Aaron and I also gave my time to God this season by playing my cello at Cedar Valley Church in Bloomington. It was a musical/play/worship/performance. The compensation for playing in it was so generous-- And the opportunity came just in time-- when we needed a new computer. So we gave, and God gave back to us... pretty great how that works.


In other news, I got 2.5 hours of sleep last night (due to a number of things).

Hope you're getting more rest than I have been getting! (Chances are good...)
1 Something sad..... Aaron and I don't have a tree up yet.
3 Somethings that are happy... I'm looking forward to my New Year's Eve party. It's one of my best friends' birthdays tomorrow. I did laundry yesterday and my favorite Old Navy sweatpants are clean!!Ok... four things...Next year is getting booked up pretty quickly for weddings. 10 weddings booked, and I'm shooting 3 with Steph. Good times ahead.

4 comments:

Lisa Christine Photo said...

Hey!
I love your entries. I always read them start to finish, which is rare since I usually just check out photos haha. Sounds like you're having a wonderful Christmas season so far!
I saw your question just now and realized I never answered! Yep, by 'we' I mean my husband and I. He shoots, too, which is sooo amazing. :) Half of the wedding images you see on my blog are his.
I'm VERY excited about wppi.. still have to finalize plans, but we'll be there!
Talk to you later :)

Olivia said...

I LOVE chocolate with hazelnuts! Try a Ritter Sport bar... it's chocked full of wonderful whole roasted hazelnuts so you get one with every bite!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

love heat huh? aren't you as far away from heat as you can get :)have a safe, hopefully warm and merry christmas ginger!

Steven Kang said...

wow, it seems all things are going your way. I'm so happy for you.
Wish you and aaron a merry Christmas.