Friday, September 14, 2007

BRRR!!

It's suppose to hit a record low tonight!

35 degrees. Yup.

Tomorrow I'm shooting and outdoor wedding!
At least it's suppose to warm up a bit. Will be 63 degrees
for the high. Fall is here! And now I can edit with
my windows open!! I dislike the COLD cold...I will have a "winter home"
in a warm state, when I retire, perhaps. But fall weather is great (not including the fall weather we're having tonight).

I met with the most wonderful couple last night.
And I love when you meet with a couple and you can just TELL they're going to make it... it's so beautiful. We met at Starbucks and talked for a couple hours, and then I ran into some old high school friends. I sat and talked with Michael and Erik for almost and hour and a half... totally lost track of time. It was wonderful. They're both doing with they love too. It's so awesome when people are doing what they're passionate about. It's inspiring.

When I walked out of the Starbucks, I smelled like coffee, it was dark... the air was brisk...
It reminded me of my college days when I'd go to coffee shops during fall break to meet up with high school friends. In the past, fall usually reminded me of my high school days. Football, and the after parties and the bonfires. And tennis. Night games. Nighttime hot tubbing.... Still does, but the more fall seasons I live, the more yesterdays I have to be nostalgic about.
And in general, fall just seems to be a time of nostalgia. Bittersweet, almost.
But more sweet than bitter.
(Is anyone else singing the song, "Sweet and bitt-ah... bitt-ah and sweEET!" now?
I am probably the only one who knows that song.... so nevermind:))

So now, fall is starting to remind me of some of my college days. There are fall days that feel and smell like when I was in Europe studying for a semester.
I saw France, the Czech Republic, Austria, and Italy in the fall... and that was incredible. That is where I fell in love with digital photography, too.

The following photo was taken on a fall day, when 4 of my friends an I were strolling in Florence. It was so windy that day! We stopped in a park that had brightly colored leaves blowing everywhere and we just let the wind push us around. Pure bliss.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

... Sigh...
:)

2 comments:

Steven Kang said...

Talk about being free. Flying like an eagle.
I hope your wedding coverage went well.

The City Girl said...

I love that you love fall, too! It just started to get sunny and cold out here in SB and I am lovin' every minute of it!!!