Thursday, July 31, 2008

"One Cool Tap Chick."

A couple months ago I photographed my dancer friend Kallie and her friend Ned so they could have some promo pics for an upcoming gig this summer... they are performing in something called the Fringe Festival.. kind of a big deal in Minneapolis!

A month ago this photo was online with an article:
Photobucket
(Click HERE for article.)

And an article came out this week, with this photo I took as well.
Photobucket
(Click HERE to read the article.)

In the article, they call Kallie, "One cool tap chick." She totally is, haha!:-D
If you get a chance to see them perform, definitely go!

Kallie and Ned were a ton of fun to work with. We shot for a couple hours and had a blast. I took 6 years of dance when I was a wee one, but man... I wish I could move like them! They both have a serious gift... They make anyone else who thinks he/she might be able to dance look like a galloping monkey (...And by "anyone else," I mean "me.") Extremely gifted and talented dancers.

Congrats on your success, you guys! I am always so proud of you, Kal... I hope you continue to win awards for your hard work and talent. Love you!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brad Person said...

Awesome, Ging !!!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

looooove that second shot!!!!!

Ginger Murray said...

Thanks guys! Kallie is always sore the day after we shoot... i'm sure this shoot was no exception (for Ned too!)-- I'm always yelling out things like, "Do it again! Turn this way. Put that hand down more... that hip out more. Bring your face forward. Bring that leg forward. Jump higher. Again! Again!" haha! But I know they expect a good shot, so it does take a lot of working together. They look on the back of the camera a lot to make sure I was gettin what they wanted. Tons of fun though!