Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Editing Plans, Travel Plans, Spending Plans, Christmas Plans, Stress Plans, Etc.

I have many many things to edit before the end of this month. I'm doing pretty well so far.

I'm trying to decide if I should join the WPPI this year....

One good reason is so I can go to Las Vegas for the big event.
Aaron and I were talking about POSSIBLY going there anyway.
We've played with the idea... but I don't know...
I know it'd be worth it....but...I'd have to fly there...
and then there's the hotel expenses...

It's just that i have so much to buy in the next few months!

5d
50mm 1.2
Lighting equipment
A new website
Lightroom (using the free Trial right now and it's awesome!)
Another flash
Maybeeee some sort of credit card service?
An accountant

And then there's this whole Christmas season coming up...
Oh man.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas. But honestly, it has
always stressed me out. (I do NOT mean this in
a snotty way.. I am not a snotty person:))...
I have a lot of friends. I've always wanted to get them
great gifts. It always stresses me out to find those perfect
gifts. And I usually end up crying at least once over the
holiday season because there's so much to do and buy and
work to get done-- and it's just SO overwhelming!

Plus, I hate Minnesota winters. The WPPI won't come to MN
because it's cold (I'm sure that's the reason;)).

Wow!! I sound like a big whiner!!

Here's the deal.

I'm going shopping on Friday (Yes, I am one of those crazy
Black Friday shoppers... and I LOVE it!!), and I've
set a budget. I am going to have a good time, and this year,
I will aim to NOT get stressed out.

However, this will be my first Christmas with a full
load of editing to do, since it is still my first full year in
business...

BUT I am going to try to enjoy the season this year.
Even if it is ridiculously cold.

Things to look forward to:
*Thanksgiving! I LOVE food!
*Aaron and I are having a New Year's party. I usually have a couple
parties a year... sometimes a July 4th party, sometimes a Halloween Party
(Hellooo... I did grow up going to school in the Halloween Capitol of the World. It's true.)
...But this year it was too busy to have any until New Year's! So we're going to make it a good one.
*A new year of big happenings in the business
*A mini vacay with the hubby in January to a bed and breakfast, and a day of skiing.

*... and Vegas is still to be discussed.


Thoughts?

7 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

Definitely go to Vegas!! We're going and we'd love to finally get to meet you! I love your profile pic btw...that hair cut is super cute!!

M:)

TAKING TOMORROW said...

We are Taking Tomorrow.
We are a Christian band.
Please visit our blog, post comments, and vote on the polls.
God Bless,
www.takingtomorrow.blogspot.com

Lisa Christine Photo said...

Hey!
Thanks for the kind words :) I was shooting with a 30d... I liked it, but I lovvvvvvve my 5d.
I didn't get a new lens, I do most of my shooting with my 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8... but I did a lot with the 16-35 2.8 for that last shoot, mainly because it was my first time shooting without the lens conversion factor.
Thanks for stopping by :)

--Lisa

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

vegas!mmmm.....warmth!

Olivia said...

Ha- your wish list for next year sounds a lot like mine! However, I've heard mixed things on the 50/1.2. I wanted one for so long but I am convinced that the 1.4 will do for now. Definitely the 5D though! I've heard it is life changing!

I want to do [b]ecker's party of five workshop and Audrey Woulard's workshop as well. Yikes, it's going to be an expensive year!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for that referral! One of these days when things slow down, we'll have to meet up and do lunch!

Steven Kang said...

Your wish list sounds like mine also. I'm trying to decide if I want to go with 1d mk3 or 1ds mk3.
You and Aaron should go to Vegas...I should go to Vegas. haha.
Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving.

Stacy Cross said...

Okay, here's my unsolicited advice:

1) absolutely 100% buy the 5D for sure.

2) Skip the 50/1.2 (you do NOT need it) and buy the 50/1.4 and/or the 85/1.8. Trust me on this! :)

3) Use Paypal's FREE merchant services for CC processing. I think it's a 3% processing fee per transaction, but really not bad and your client pays that portion for the ability to use their card if they really want to.

Hugs,
Stacy