Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My first post!! ... or is it?

I've had a Xanga site for nearly four years now, which I update often, but not every day. The last year, a majority of my posts are about photography... mainly because I got into the business a year and a half ago. While my "loyal readers" (my friends:)) enjoy looking at my work, I'm not sure they enjoy me constantly talking about how things are going, business wise...
So why not start a blog based mainly on photography?

I've been working all day, and since I've arrived home, I've been reading and answering
emails... and here we are at almost 9:00pm... Maybe I should eat dinner....??? Haha!
The hubby (Aaron) is out golfing, so I became consumed by the emails and forgot that I should make food for myself. (i do that... forget to eat. But trust me... I love food more than most people.)

Last weekend I shot a wedding withouth Steph (we do most weddings together... we went to school together and were roommates a couple years), up north at a beautiful cabin.
Well, I can't say I did it all by myself...
I was really sick the week before with some weird virus. Aaron offered to drive me to the wedding (2 hours up north, at a cabin). He helped drive me around and carry some of my stuff... he was a complete sweetheart for doing that! I was exhausted by the end of the day and was without a voice. I really think the photos turned out great... we had some fun opportunities. Can't wait to share some.

This past weekend, Steph and I shot two weddings. Next weekend we have another wedding. It's our first full season doing our own business. I began working for Brad Person, and still work for him (Mon-Fri at the hospital doing newborn portrait sessions, as well as some weekend weddings with him), but with his blessing and help, I started my own business... So it's completely crazy how well things have turned out since I decided only a year and a half ago that I wanted to do this photography thing...
But wow... I had no idea what I was getting myself into!

I'm pretty much obsessed and enjoying it.

5 comments:

Sarah Renée said...

Hi Ginger! Thanks for the comment on my post, it's really encouraging :) I'm glad you're so excited about your new business! Haha, I'm exactly the same way with food--when I'm alone I forget to feed myself even though I love food! Anyway, I enjoyed your blog a lot! Keep posting!

Sarah Renée said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Barlow said...

Hey Ginger!
Wow! Sounds like things are really coming along in your business! How exciting! :)

steph said...

nice blog. i found you. :)

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Welcome to the world of Blogger!